||Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) All Streams
3 Years (6 Sem)
||Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) All Steams
||18 Months (3 Sem)
Admission Procedure (Merit Based on Entrance and Personal Interview)
- Aspirants must have a Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks (5% relaxation for SC/ST and Physically Handicapped) in the subject concerned to fulfill eligibility criterion for admission to Ph.D. program.
- Application for admission in the prescribed form is available at the office of the Registrar or may be download from the website of the university www.hguniversity.com The duly filled application with desired enclosures and draft should be sent to “The Registrar, Himalayan Garhwal University, Dheid Gaon Pokhra, Dist. Pauri Garhwal, Uttrakhand” or can be directly submitted at the university.
- The university shall admit Ph.D. students only through an entrance test called Research Aptitude Test (RAPT) for courses of Ph.D. and M. Phil program.
- Duration of Examination will of 2Hrs.Test comprising 100 Multiple questions from subject and general research aptitude and descriptive type questions for 50 marks from the subject concerned..
- RAPT shall be followed by a Personal Interview / Personal Discussion (Pre RDC) of 100 Marks
- The national scholarship holder/NET qualified are exempted from Entrance Test but has to appear for Personal Interview / Personal Discussion (Pre RDC) and wll get priority over Non- NET Qualified Candidates.
General guidelines for Research Scholars
- The synopsis should be prepared as per the instructions / format given by the university at the time of personal Interview / personal discussion.
- During RDC an aspirant has to make presentation in presence of Committee and answer the queries.
- The members of the RDC will scrutinize the synopsis of the proposed research work and decide whether the proposed research work needs some modification, deserves rejection or is suitable and likely to give results of substantial importance.
- The candidate should submit six monthly progress reports to the university through their supervisor.
- The candidates should undergo course work for a minimum period of one semester. It is mandatory to qualify course work examination for writing the dissertation (as per the UGC Regulations for Ph.D., 2016. Minimum attendance required to become eligible to appear in the qualifying examination shall be 75% in each subject.
- Prior to appearing in pre – Ph.D. presentation, the candidate should have published minimum two research papers in journals of repute or journals which are referred or indexed. One publication should be in international and other one in national journal.
- Prior to the submission of the thesis, the candidate shall make a pre – Ph.D. presentation in the department that may be open to all faculty members and research students, for getting feedback and comments, which may be suitably incorporated into the draft thesis under the advice of the supervisor.
- After scrutinizing the fulfillment of all the conditions laid down in the ordinances, the submitted thesis shall be sent to three examiners.
- On receipt of the satisfactory recommendations from all the examiners, the candidate shall be required to appear before the viva-voce panel of examiners.
- After completing the laid down procedure, successful viva-voce examination and approval of the Academic Council, the University shall provide Provisional Degree Certificate.
- The University reserves all the rights to withdraw the degree or cancellation of registration of the candidate at any time, in case the thesis submitted by the candidate is found to contain false or pirated results or if it has been established that a part or whole of the thesis has been copied or produced as a replica of the contents from already published work(s) or from unpublished work(s) for which degree(s) has (have) already been awarded, which may tantamount to plagiarism.